You can substitute brown sugar for the coconut sugar in the recipe. I've recently ran out of brown sugar and have been using coconut sugar as a replacement mainly because of a buy one get one free deal. Coconut sugar looks like brown sugar and I believe it is a great replacement.
- 1 1/4 Cup of Bob's Mill Pancake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- Prepare the pecan praline syrup. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of almond milk with 1/2 cup of coconut sugar and 1/4 granulated sugar. Mix the ingredients and bring to a boil. Add the 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Once boiling, find the level of heat you need to consistently boil the mixture without boiling over and boil for 25 minutes.
- Stir the mixture, and add 1/4 cup of almond milk to help cool and loosen the consistency of the syrup. Add 1 tablespoon of butter preference for added depth in flavor.
- Follow the directions per your gluten free pancake mix and make your pancakes.
- Top each level of pancake with the pecan praline syrup and try to avoid diabetes!