- 1 Jar of La Madeleine Tomato Basil Soupe
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbs Fresh Basil Chiffonade (optional)
- 1 Tbs Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use the butter to spread evenly across your baking dish. I use Rachel Ray's 1.25 quart Stoneware but anything close to a 9x9 baking dish will do the trick.
- Add the jar of Tomato Basil Soupe to the dish.
- Crack open the eggs into the soupe.
- Top with the shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. This will make the eggs cook all the way through. The egg yolks being cooked all the way through adds a great depth of texture and flavor to the tomato soupe.
- Top with the diced bacon. I use the microwave bacon for convenience because it is easy to make quickly. By all means go the extra mile and make bacon for a better taste but this dish is all about convenience for me. I added the uncooked microwave bacon to the dish before cooking it in the oven, allowing it to heat up in the oven instead of cooking in the microwave and then topping. Do as you please, you're the chef!
- Top with basil chiffonade if you prefer. A chiffonade is "fancy talk" for taking fresh herbs and rolling them up and cutting them into long thin strips.