Anywho...this is a quick and simple recipe that is also delicate and delightful. Low in carbs, light, and helpful in keeping my "out of shape" body looking "in shape."
- HEB Wild Smoked Salmon
- Philadelphia Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese Spread
- English Cucumber
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper
If you have never had smoked salmon it is really similar texture and taste wise to sashimi grade salmon, just with a smoked flavor. I prefer the English cucumber because it has no seeds and makes a more stable surface for making stackable items like this one. English cucumbers are the cucumbers that are already wrapped in plastic wrap at the grocery store FYI.
- Slice the English cucumber into even pieces. For a "fancy" beautiful appearance, you can peel alternating sides of the cucumber with a vegetable peeler. This will leave green pieces evenly in between the flesh peeled pieces of your slices. After slicing, they will have a beautiful appearance. I am no "fancy pants" though. I need to eat FAST!
- Use a spoon to spread the cream cheese evenly across all your slices of cucumbers.
- Cut the smoked salmon into equal square shaped pieces. The salmon is usually thicker in the middle of the package and you can often turn these pieces into two by peeling off the top layer of salmon. Place the salmon on top of the cream cheese cucumber.
- Crack black pepper evenly across the salmon. The smoked salmon is naturally salty from being salt cured so there is no need to salt this.
- Real simple to get this meal prepared in less than 10 minutes. Makes about 40 pieces of Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumbers.